Several forms are required for employment for new and returning staff!
Where do I find the forms?
What forms are required for employment?
Keep scrolling for more detailed information on each form below!
- W-4 (U.S. STAFF only)
- I-9 (ALL NEW STAFF and RETURNING INTERNATIONAL STAFF)
- Parental Permission (UNDER AGE 18 only)
- Health History (ALL)
- Staff Authorization (ALL)
- Staff Bio (ALL)
- Staff Photo (ALL)
- CampMeds: Staff members who take pills of any sort (medication, supplements) and who live in cabins with campers (such as Cabin Counselors, Assistant Counselors, Trip Leaders) must enroll with CampMeds, a company that dispenses medication in pre-packaged doses and ships directly to camp. Pemi will reimburse staff for the service fee that CampMeds charges. You must provide CampMeds with prescriptions/instructions 30 days prior to opening day. The key is “in pill form” and “on a daily basis” (this includes prescription and non-prescription pills, such as Claritin or Zyrtec for allergies, vitamins, and fish oil). Full information about how to enroll is here.
When are forms due?
Staff forms are due by May 31 (with some exceptions). Thank you for honoring this deadline! Over 2,000 forms are submitted for campers and staff, and this deadline enables us to prepare a safe and happy season for the entire Pemi community!
How do I submit the forms?
Login to your account and go to “Forms and Documents.” An icon next to each form will indicate how to complete and submit each form. Specific directions are also provided below. Some forms can be filled out and submitted right online. Others must be printed, filled out, and then scanned and uploaded as a pdf (or faxed to the number on the form).
Sibling staff should download forms from their own accounts. Some forms that you download from your account include a barcode that is unique to each staff member.
W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate – print, fill out, upload
- All U.S. staff (not international) must complete a W-4. Uploading just a completed Page 1 to your online account is fine. Follow the directions on the form.
- As an employer, Pemi is required to obtain a Form W-4 from you for payroll purposes, and will use it to provide a Form W-2 later on, so you can prepare and file your tax return.
- The information you provide on the W-4 tells us how much money to you wish to have withheld from your paycheck for federal income taxes, and will affect how much tax you owe or are refunded when you file your annual tax return.
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification – print, fill out Section I, and BRING TO CAMP
- All new staff and returning international staff must complete an I-9. Please print the form, fill out Section 1, and bring the form with you to Camp. Section 2 (and/or 3) will be completed in person at camp. You must have acceptable ID; for example, either a) a passport, OR b) two forms of ID (such as a driver’s license AND social security card). For more information about acceptable ID, see page 3 of the form.
- Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens.
Parental Permission Form – print, fill out, upload
- For staff under age 18 only!
Staff Authorization Form – print, fill out, upload
- All staff.
- This form provides insurance information AND serves as “permission to treat” in case of emergency. It will accompany you when you leave camp on camp-related business.
- Complete this form as ONE, SINGLE-SIDED page, with insurance cards and signature provided all together on the FRONT side. DO NOT send multiple pieces of paper with separate photocopies of your insurance cards.
- A signature is required at the bottom. A parent or guardian signature is required at the bottom for staff under age 18.
Health History Form – fill out online
- All staff.
- Have your insurance information/card(s) handy for reference.
- This form is several pages and can be updated at any time after it is submitted.
- You can save your work and return to the form, but only fully-completed pages are saved.
- A full immunization history is not required. Instead, you can indicate that immunizations are up-to-date. However, you will need to provide: 1) date of your last Tetanus shot (referred to as DTAP/td on immunization records), and 2) Tuberculosis (referred to as TB/PPD) test date and result (positive, negative) or “not tested.”
- The information you enter on this form carries over from year to year, for convenience in submitting the form in subsequent summers. However, be sure to verify that information provided for previous summers—especially on medical conditions—remains current. If you checked a box last year to indicate a condition, allergy, or medication, a separate box opened for you to provide additional information. This year, please un-check those that no longer apply, or confirm each of these conditions by clicking the box again.
- Your signature at the end indicates that the information is accurate and current.
Staff Bio — enter online
Our first summer newsletter to parents and the Pemi community includes the staff bios of our entire staff. Help us to introduce you!
- Three to five lines, approx 50-100 words
- Consider telling us where you’re from, what your interests are, what you do or where you go to school, what you hope to do/teach at Pemi, or how many years you’ve been at Pemi.
- Click here to see last year’s bios!
Photo — upload
Please provide a current, close-up photo for uses such as cabin and staff group photos for Opening Day. A crop tool is provided on the form.
Directions for Faxing or Scanning/Uploading:
Fax toll-free to 1-866-428-1917.
- Faxed forms are routed automatically to your online account via the unique barcode that was generated on the form when you downloaded or printed it from your account. There is no need for a cover sheet.
OR — scan your completed hardcopy form as a PDF (no jpegs or tiffs).
- Scan and save your completed form as a PDF.
- Login to your account, go to Forms & Documents, and click on the “upload” symbol to the right of the form. Find the form on your computer and upload.