Camper Tuition – 2022
|Full Session (7 weeks)||Saturday, June 25 – Saturday, August 13||$10,200|
|1st Session (3 ½ weeks)||Saturday, June 25 – Monday, July 18||$7,100|
|2nd Session (3 ½ weeks)||Tuesday, July 19 – Saturday, August 13||$7,100|
|A $1,000 deposit is required by credit card at the time of application. Deposits are non-refundable, with these exceptions: your child is on the waiting list and a space does not become available, or you apply for Financial Aid and we are unable to meet your needs.|
Camper Expense Account (CEA): parents should also plan to deposit funds for personal expenses that may not apply to other campers ($75-$200 depending on age and session length) into their son’s personal Camper Expense Account during application or prior to May 1st. For guidance on how to estimate and make your son’s CEA deposit, and for details on chaperoned travel fees or the refunding of unused CEA funds, please see Financial Management.
Brothers Discount: We offer a $300 discount on tuition per brother, when brothers are enrolled in the same summer.
Tuition Protection Insurance: We encourage families to think about purchasing tuition insurance protection through a third-party to cover their investment. MH Ross has a policy to consider if you look into this, linked here. Parents should understand the limits, coverage, and benefits offered prior to purchasing coverage.
Credit Card Surcharge: After and not including the initial deposit, a 3% credit card surcharge will be applied to any subsequent credit card payments. No surcharge is applied to payments made by check, e-check, or debit card.
Refund & Withdrawal Policy
In the event that you choose to withdraw or cancel your son’s enrollment:
- Deposits are non-refundable (unless your child is on the waiting list and a space does not become available, or you apply for financial aid and we are unable to meet your needs).
- Tuition is non-refundable after December 15, and no reductions are made for withdrawal prior to the start of camp, late arrivals, early departures, missed days, withdrawal during the season, or any other cause.
Directors reserve the right to dismiss any camper who violates the camp rules or whose behavior is detrimental to the general welfare of camp. No refund will be made in the event of dismissal.
Rest assured that in the unlikely event that Pemi is unable to open or must close while in session due to circumstances beyond our control, we will amend the “no-refunds” policy accordingly as described here.
Camp Pemigewassett is a sleep-away camp for boys ages 8–15. Boys should be emotionally and physically prepared to fully participate in our program with a willingness to listen, to follow directions, and to learn. In most cases, a boy who has successfully spent the night away from home at a friend’s house is ready to be at camp.
To apply, have handy:
- Names and phone numbers of two emergency contacts (required to proceed).
- Recent, close-up digital photo of your son to upload to the application.
- Credit card for the deposit amount due at time of application (non-refundable, see details below).
- For new campers, a camper recommendation from a teacher is also required: please provide the link for our Camper Recommendation Form (GoogleForm) to your son’s teacher. The prompts address a boy’s readiness to live in a residential community and requests information from your son’s teacher that will assist us with cabin and counselor placement.
Director Kenny Moore will be in touch regarding your son’s application. Once your son is officially enrolled, we keep you informed with timely emails on topics such as required forms, deadlines, finances, and packing. In the meantime, this information and more can be found in Current Parents.
Camp Pemigewassett’s hope is that all boys who wish to attend camp will be able to. We care deeply about providing the benefits of a summer at Pemi to as many families as possible. In an effort to make camp available to every camper who is interested, we offer financial aid to those who apply and qualify for financial support.
If you would like to send your son to Pemi, but financial obstacles are a factor, please contact Director Kenny Moore to discuss your intention to apply for financial aid and information on an adjusted deposit. All information provided is kept confidential.
Then, to complete your application for financial aid, please:
- Check the appropriate box in the online Camper Application form.
- Download and complete our Financial Aid Form (PDF).
- Submit the Financial Aid Form along with a copy of the first page of your most recent Federal Tax Return by November 1 to be considered for the first round of awards. January 31 is the deadline for the second round of Financial Aid. After February 1st, requests for financial aid will be considered on a case-by-case basis if funds are still available.