What is the tuition for Camp Pemi? Do you offer discounts or financial aid?
Please see Sessions, Rates, and Dates for this season’s information.
When is tuition due? How do I pay my bill?
Payments may be made by eCheck, paper check, or debit/credit card. After and not including the initial deposit, credit card payments will incur a 3% credit card surcharge. Check, eCheck, and debit card payments do not incur a fee.
If you select/ed one of the following “Installment” options in your Camper Application, Pemi will send reminders of pending charges 5 days before automatically debiting the designated eCheck account or credit/debit card on file on the following dates:
- 2-Installment Option: Your account will be charged on February 15 for the first half of the total balance due, and on May 15th for the remaining balance.
- Monthly Installment Option: Your account will be charged in equal installments on February 15th, March 15th, April 15th, and May 15th.
If you select/ed “Invoice Me” in your Camper Application, you will receive an invoice on February 1 for the first half of your total balance (due February by 15), and on April 15th for the remaining balance (due by May 1). You may then:
- Pay online by eCheck or credit/debit card: log in to your Pemi online account and go to “Financial Management.” Add an eCheck or credit/debit card account, then click the “Make Payment” button to proceed.
- Pay by paper check: mail paper checks to Camp Pemigewassett, 55 Smith Bridge Rd., Plymouth NH 03264.
- Note: if you set Camp Pemi up as a payee through your bank’s online bill pay, please make sure the payee address in your bill pay matches the check mailing address above.
A deposit to your son’s Camper Expense Account (CEA) is also due no later than May 1, to cover personal charges that may not apply to other campers. Guidance on how to estimate and make your son’s CEA deposit is just below.
What is the Camper Expense Account (CEA)?
Your son’s Camper Expense Account (CEA) covers personal expenses that may not apply to other campers (such as purchases from the camp store, or shipping luggage home). After your son’s session ends, any balance greater than $10 will be refunded to you. If there is a balance due of more than $10, we will issue an invoice for payment.
We ask that you deposit funds into your son’s CEA during the application process or before May 1. To add funds to your son’s personal expense account, you may:
- Deposit funds into your son’s CEA by selecting this “Additional Option” in your camper’s Application, or later on when filling out the Additional Options Form. The amount will be added to your total account balance.
- Log in to your Pemi online account. First, go to the “Financial Management” section and add an eCheck account or credit/debit card. Then, go to the “View & Fund Camper Expense Account (CEA)” section to add funds to the CEA.
Guidelines for CEA Deposit Amounts
Guidelines for CEA amounts are based on length of session and age.
|Camper Expense Account (CEA) Guidelines for:||3.5-week session||7-week session|
Pemi West participants do not need a CEA, but we recommend pocket money for personal sundries when in transit and will provide details in our spring communications.
Fees for Chaperoned Travel
Pemi offers chaperoned travel with snack and meals from and to the Boston Logan International (BOS) and Manchester, NH (MHT) airports, as well as chartered bus service with stops in NYC and Stamford, CT. For more details on these services, please see Travel Details.
|Airport & Bus Chaperone Fees:|
|Manchester, NH Airport Shuttle||$50 (one-way)||Fee applied per family.|
|Boston Logan Airport Shuttle||$150 (one-way)||Fee applied per family.|
|NY/Stamford Chartered Bus||$150 (one-way)||Fee applied per camper. Available only on opening and closing days. There is no July bus.|
Rental Linens and Bedding (international campers only)
|For international campers only:|
|Rental Linens||Full Session: $110||1st or 2nd Session: $55|
How do I check my balance?
Log in to your online Pemi account and click on “Financial Management.” Click on the button at bottom to “View Statement.”
May I pay tuition using my credit card?
Yes. The initial deposit at time of application must be paid by credit card, and will not incur a fee. After and not including the initial deposit, a 3% credit card surcharge will be applied to any further payments made by credit card. Check, e-check, and debit card payments do not incur a surcharge.
What is eCheck?
Also known as ACH payments, eChecks securely and directly submit payment from bank to bank. The option is built into your Pemi online account, and easy-to-follow directions will walk you through the one-time set-up. The transaction will be performed via a secure link to the bank’s site, and will incorporate all the security normally associated with banking services. Paying your son’s tuition by eCheck (instead of mailing a paper check to our mailbox) shortens processing time significantly. Alternatively, paper checks can be mailed to the address shown above.
Should my son bring cash with him?
Campers do not need cash, nor do we want campers to keep money in the cabin. If boys are traveling solo to/from camp and want to have money on hand, we will collect it upon arrival to store safely in the office and return it before departure.
Can we give our son's counselor a tip at the end of the season?
That’s a nice thought, but tipping of counselors (including gift cards) is not done at Camp Pemigewassett. The best way to express your appreciation for a counselor’s care and hard work is a friendly conversation and a warm handshake, or to consider a donation to the scholarship fund in his honor. We’d be happy to give you information on this.