Frequently Asked Financial Questions
How do I pay my bill?
- Pay by eCheck! Log in to your online Pemi account and follow the simple directions under the “Financial Management” section to complete the one-time set-up. This is our preferred way to receive tuition and is a secure and easy way for you to make payment.
- Make eChecks or checks payable to: CAMP PEMIGEWASSETT
- Veteran parents, if you have Camp Pemi set up as a payee through your online banking, we would love for you to transition to using the eCheck option in your Pemi account instead. If not, please note the new check mailing address below, and be sure to update the payee address in your bill pay.
- Mailing paper checks: we encourage you to use the eCheck option for greater security and efficiency in processing, but if you prefer to mail a paper check, you may still do so. Send paper checks to Camp Pemi | 55 Smith Bridge Rd | Plymouth, NH 03264.
What is the tuition for Camp Pemi and when is it due?
This information is on our “Dates & Tuition” page.
How can I check my balance?
May I pay tuition using my credit card?
Only the deposit, which is due with submission of the application, can be paid by credit card. Pemi requires that tuition be paid by check. Our preferred method is eCheck, an easy and secure option via your online Pemi account. Alternatively, paper checks can be mailed to Camp Pemi | 55 Smith Bridge Rd | Plymouth, NH 03264.
What is eCheck?
Also known as ACH payments, eChecks securely and directly submit payment from bank to bank. The option is built into your Pemi online account, and easy-to-follow directions will walk you through the one-time set-up. The transaction will be performed via a secure link to the bank’s site, and will incorporate all the security normally associated with banking services. Paying your son’s tuition by eCheck (instead of mailing a paper check to our mailbox) shortens processing time significantly.
If I prefer to mail a paper check, where should I send it?
We encourage you to use the eCheck option—but if you prefer to mail a paper check for tuition, please send it to Camp Pemi | 55 Smith Bridge Rd | Plymouth, NH 03264.
Does Pemi offer discounts and/or financial aid?
Pemi offers a brother discount as well as financial aid to deserving boys. To request consideration for aid, parents are asked to submit a short form and to submit their previous year’s tax return. To learn more and to download theFinancial Aid form, please see Discounts & Financial Aid.
Should my son bring cash with him?
Campers do not need cash, nor do we want campers to keep money in the cabin. If boys are traveling solo to/from camp and want to have money on hand, we will collect it upon arrival to store safely in the office and return it before departure.
Can we give our son’s counselor a tip at the end of the season?
That’s a nice thought, but tipping of counselors (including gift cards) is not done at Pemigewassett. The best way to express your appreciation for a counselor’s care and hard work is a friendly conversation and a warm handshake, or to consider a donation to the scholarship fund in his honor. We’d be happy to give you information on this.
What is the Camper Expense Account (CEA)?
Your son’s Camper Expense Account (CEA) covers personal expenses that may not apply to other campers (such as shipping luggage from camp to home, purchases from the camp store, musical instrument rental, etc). We ask that you make a “best guess” to cover anticipated expenses (see guidelines below) and that funds be placed into your son’s CEA no later than May 1. We recommend using eCheck, an easy and secure option via your online Pemi account. Alternatively, paper checks can be mailed to Camp Pemi | 55 Smith Bridge Rd | Plymouth, NH 03264.
We settle the account after the season. If the balance in a camper’s CEA exceeds $10, a refund will be issued. If the balance has been exceeded by more than $10, an invoice is mailed.
Guidelines for deposits to your son’s CEA are based on length of session and age:
3.5-week session (plus Extra Fees, below, if applicable)
- age 8-11: $75.00-$100.00
- age 12-15: $100.00-$175.00 (upper end if your son plans to take advantage of optional trips, AMC hut trip)
7-week session (plus Extra Fees, below, if applicable)
- age 8-12: $100.00-$150.00
- age 13-14: $200.00-$250.00 (optional trips, AMC hut trip)
- age 15: $200-$400 (upper end if your son plans to go on the 15’s 5-day Allagash Trip, which is ~$250)
Pemi West participants do not need a CEA. We recommend pocket money for personal sundries when in transit and will provide details in our spring communications.
Add to the above if your son is travelling solo via plane / bus or requires rental linens:
- Travel Escort Fees
- One-way escort fee: Manchester Airport: $50.00
- One-way escort fee: Boston Logan Airport: $150.00
- One-way Chartered Bus (NY/Stamford; available only on opening and closing days, not mid-season): $150.00
- Rental Linens (for international campers only)
- Full Session: $110.00
- Session One / Session Two: $55.00