Several forms are required for employment from both new as well as returning staff.
Forms for employment include:
- W4 (for US STAFF only)
- I9 (for NEW STAFF only. This will be completed at camp using originals or copies of official forms of ID that should be brought to camp.
- Parental Permission (for STAFF UNDER age 18)
- Health History (submitted online)
- Physician Exam (must reflect an exam within 12 months of working at camp)
- Staff Authorization
- Staff Bio
When are forms due?
Forms for staff are due by May 31 (with some exceptions). With a total of well over 2,000 forms coming in for campers and staff, we ask for your cooperation in honoring this deadline so that we have the time to organize and prepare a safe and happy season for the entire Pemi community.
Where can I find these forms?
Forms will be stored in your online account under “Forms and Documents.” We will alert you by email as to when they are available. Each form has an icon associated with it to indicate if it is submitted online or if you must download and print it. Read more about your online account.
Forms that you download, complete, and submit
After completion, hardcopy forms are either 1) FAXED or 2) SCANNED and UPLOADED.
Forms that you download from your account will print with a barcode that is unique to each staff member. Sibling staff should download forms from within each person’s account and not make copies in order to have the correct barcode.
Option 1: FAX
Fax tollfree to: 1-866-428-1917.
Forms arrive as digital copies and are identified as belonging to you based on the barcode. No need for a cover sheet. (ie, there is not an actual fax machine with a person standing by.)
Option 2: SCAN and UPLOAD
Scan your completed hardcopy form as a PDF (not jpeg or tiff).
If you know how to reduce file size, please do so before uploading.
Login to your account, go to Forms & Documents, and click on the “upload” symbol next to the form you want to upload. Find the form on your computer and upload.
Staff Authorization Form
- This form provides insurance information AND serves as “permission to treat” and will accompany you when you leave camp on a camp-related trip.
- Your goal is to complete this form as a SINGLE page. DO NOT send multiple pieces of paper with separate photocopies of your insurance cards
- A parent or guardian signature is required at the bottom for staff under age 18.
- Two helpful methods for completing the form properly are printed on the form itself.
Physician Exam Form
- Documentation of an exam within 12 months of attending camp
- You can submit your doctor’s own generated exam information, but if faxing, be sure to use your personal barcoded form as your cover sheet so that the doctor’s office non-barcoded papers that follow will be identified as belonging to you. If you are scanning and uploading doctor-generated forms to your account, there is no need to use the barcoded sheet.
- Required in order to be paid.
- For staff under age 18
- For NEW staff only and will be completed at camp. Official forms of ID are required.
Forms that you submit ONLINE
Health History Form
- Have your insurance information / card(s) handy for reference
- This form is several pages and can be updated at any time after it is submitted.
- You can save your work and return to the form, but only fully-completed pages are saved.
- A full immunization history is no longer required; instead you can indicate that immunizations are up-to-date. However, you’ll need to provide:
1) Date of your last Tetanus shot (referred to as DTAP / td on your immunization records)
2) Tuberculosis (referred to as TB / PPD) test date and result (positive, negative) or “not tested”
- The Health History form for returning staff provides all of the information entered the previous summer. This is a significant time-saver as it contains insurance numbers, emergency contact info, and your answers to all questions. However, please verify all information for current accuracy, and update as necessary. If you checked a box on the form last year to indicate a condition, allergy, medication, etc., a separate box opened for you to provide additional information. This year, please un-check those that no longer apply, or confirm each of these conditions by clicking the box again so that you can verify if the additional specific information that you provided last year still pertains to you this year.
- Your signature at the end indicates that the information is accurate and current.
Staff Bio Form
Our first summer newsletter includes staff bios of our entire staff. Help us to introduce you by providing:
- Three to five lines, approx 50-100 words
- Consider providing where you’re from, what your interests are, what you do or where you go to school, what you hope to do/teach at Pemi, how many years you’ve been at Pemi, etc
- See last year’s bios>>
Please provide an updated, close-up photo for uses such as cabin and staff group photos for Opening Day. The ideal is a close-up, but a crop tool is provided on the form.
If you take medication
Staff members who take medication in pill form on a daily basis and who live in cabins with campers (Cabin Counselors, Assistant Counselors, Trip Leaders, etc) are required to enroll with CampMeds to dispense prescription medication as well as over-the-counter, such as daily vitamins and daily allergy medication. Pemi covers the service fee that CampMeds charges. There are deadlines involved. Please read the info found here>>