The process of completing and submitting forms can take a little time (especially for first-timers) but is not as complicated as a quick glance at the information below might suggest. Most parents complete forms intuitively and with ease; others appreciate detailed guidance. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
Forms are required for attendance and are used appropriately for pre-season staff training and by our office, health, and kitchen professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What forms are required?
- Health History
- Physician Exam
- Parent Authorization Form
- Travel Form (required for all campers, even if travel is by car)
- Pre-Season Parent Questionnaire
- Pre-Season Camper Questionnaire
- Aide/Waiter position Form (optional, for boys age 15, 14, and older 13’s who would like a job)
When are forms due?
Forms for all sessions (including 2nd session) are due by May 20. With a total of over 2,000 forms submitted for campers and staff, we ask for your cooperation in honoring this deadline so that we have the time to organize and prepare a safe and happy season for your son. Thank you!
Note: we understand that a doctor’s appointment might be scheduled after the May 20 deadline and before camp starts. Please submit all of the other forms and send the updated Physician Exam Form as soon as you can.
Where can I find the forms?
Forms will be stored in your online account under “Forms and Documents” on/around March 15. We will alert you by email as to when they are available.
For a visual “how to” on where to find forms, click here >>
Read more about your online account >>
How do I submit the forms?
Some forms are completed and submitted ONLINE. Others are hardcopy forms and are submitted either by 1) FAX or 2) SCAN and UPLOAD. There is an icon next to each form that will let you know how it is submitted, and specific directions also are provided below.
How do I print a hardcopy form?
Click on the name of the form. A box will open with simple instructions. Click on the name of the form within that box to open and print the pdf form.
Can I mail forms?
We ask that you submit forms online or by fax / scan & upload as indicated for each form. Let us know if this presents a challenge.
How do I know if my forms have been received?
Before asking us to let you know the status of your forms, please check your online account first (in the spirit of encouraging independence for all of our Pemi family members!). Wait several days after submitting your forms and then log in to your online account and go to the Forms & Documents section. When a form has been completed properly and has been processed from our end, the form will be marked as “received,” and the name of the form will change from black to green (names of overdue forms turn red!). If there is an issue of some sort with your submitted form, we will be in touch with you. There can be a time lag of a few days between when you submit the form and when we mark it as “received” because we check each form for accuracy (and because we have close to 2,000 forms coming in for campers and staff!)
Starting in May, we send emails using merge fields that let you know what we have received and what we think we might still need. Please check these carefully, even if you think you have submitted everything.
What about forms for siblings?
Each boy has his own forms in your account. It is especially important for hardcopy forms that they be downloaded for each boy, as they are identified as belonging to him by a special barcode. If the same form is used for both boys, the second one to be submitted will override the first. In order to properly identify siblings, be sure to download EACH boy’s forms; don’t make copies of one or scratch out the barcode.
Forms to submit ONLINE
Health History Form
- Have your insurance information / card(s) handy for reference.
- This form is several pages and can be updated at any time after it is submitted.
- You can save your work and return to the form, but only fully-completed pages are saved.
- A full immunization history is no longer required, instead you can indicate that immunizations are up-to-date. However, you’ll need to provide:
1) Date of your son’s last Tetanus shot (referred to as DTAP / td on immunization records)
2) Tuberculosis (referred to as TB / PPD) test date and result (positive, negative) or “not tested”
- The information you enter is carried over from year to year, for convenience in submitting the form in subsequent summers. Parents should be sure to verify that information provided for previous summers—especially on medical conditions—remains current.
Pre-Season Parent Questionnaire
- Parent input provides insight for staff training and for cabin and counselor placement.
- Please be forthcoming about a learning difficulty, ADHD, a bed-wetting problem, or a recent loss or major change in the family or child’s life so that we can best help your child make as smooth and as happy an adjustment to camp as possible. This is especially true for children who have an attention problem or are nervous about new situations. Children often use their behavior rather than words to tell us something is bothering them. Having advance knowledge of areas that might be difficult for your child helps us understand the message in his actions.
- Our commitment is to use your input to help your child adjust to camp and is used with the greatest of discretion. We encourage you to make us a full partner in planning for your child’s summer.
- TIP: CampMinder will close your session if no information has been added after ~15 minutes. It is best to complete this form in one sitting, or if you’d like to give it more thought, then copy your responses elsewhere and add them in when you can complete the form. We’ve heard more than once of a parent providing long answers to a few questions, leaving their computer, and returning only to find that they’d lost all their wonderful input.
- Both arrival and departure segments must be chosen for the form to be submitted successfully.
- Required for all campers, even if travel is by car.
- Please see Travel Details so that you can plan accordingly for arrival / departure by car, bus, or plane.
- Use the dropdown menu to indicate if baggage will be with the camper or shipped via UPS (otherwise the form will be considered “incomplete.”)
- This form can be updated if needed. If travel plans change, update the form by clicking the “edit” button next to the bus, car, or plane icon that you’d previously selected. If your travel plans change within 5 days of opening/closing days, please update the form and then contact us directly by phone or email.
- If you are flying with your son and are renting a car in order to deliver your son to camp, select the car icon (ie, provide flight info only when a Pemi staff escort is needed to pick up/deliver at the airport). Read more about travel >
Waiter/Camp Aide Form
- Available for boys age 15, 14, and some 13’s.
- We strongly encourage our oldest campers to serve as waiters and aides. Read more about these leadership opportunities >
Forms to be submitted by FAX or SCAN/UPLOAD
Pre-Season Camper Questionnaire
- Handwritten by the camper
- Spelling doesn’t matter!
- Camper should use a pen, marker, or press his pencil firmly so that we can read his input.
Parent Authorization Form
- This form provides insurance information AND serves as “permission to treat” and will accompany your son when he is away from camp
- Complete this form as a SINGLE page. DO NOT send multiple pieces of paper with separate photocopies of your insurance cards
- A parent or guardian signature is required at the bottom
- Two helpful methods for completing the form are printed on the form itself
Physician Exam Form
- Documentation of an exam within 24 months of attending camp.
- You can substitute your doctor’s own generated exam information, but if faxing, use your son’s personal barcoded form as your cover sheet so that the doctor’s office non-barcoded papers that follow will be identified as belonging to your son.
- We understand that a doctor’s appointment might be scheduled after the May 20 deadline and before camp starts. Please submit all of the other forms and send the updated Physician Exam Form as soon as you can.
Directions for Faxing or Scanning/Uploading
Fax toll-free to 1-866-428-1917
- When you download and print these forms, they will print with a barcode on the bottom of the form that is unique to each camper. If you choose to FAX the completed, barcoded form, the system “reads” the barcode, identifies it as belonging to your son, and directs it securely to your son’s file.
- The forms arrive as digital copies and are identified as belonging to your son based on the barcode. (ie, there is not an actual fax machine with a person standing by.)
- Note: We check each and every form before marking it as received and there might be a time lag between your faxing it and our marking it as received.
Scan your completed hardcopy form as a PDF, not jpeg or tiff.
- Scan and save your completed form as a pdf
- If you know how to reduce file size, please do so before uploading.
- Login to your account, go to Forms & Documents, and click on the “upload” symbol to the right of the form you want to upload. Find the form on your computer and upload.
- Note: We check each form before marking it as received and there might be a time lag between your uploading it and our marking it as received.